Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sangria, baby!

This past Sunday I hosted a Brownie Swap inspired by the lovely Joelen (more to come about that in a later blog entry). There was a great turnout and some really wonderful brownies to be shared and a fun day had with my girlfriends.

But, what is a day of girl time without some fun drinks, right? I decided to make some sangria as the beverage du jour, and opted for these two, pretty darn easy, recipes. They were yummy and I served them in my cocktail glasses that I wish I got to use more. I will definitely make both of these recipes again!


Savignon-Blanc Peach Sangria
(from myrecipes.com)

3 large peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
1 lime, sliced
1/4 cup sugar
1 (750-ml) bottle Sauvignon Blanc


Put first 3 ingredients in a large pitcher, and add wine. Stir gently to dissolve sugar. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill 2 hours.

Stir mixture again. Pour through a cheesecloth-lined sieve into a large bowl or another pitcher. Reserve 6 peach and 6 lime slices; discard the rest. Pour sangria into ice-filled glasses. Garnish with reserved peach and lime slices.


Shortcut Sangria
(from myrecipes.com)

1 cup vanilla-flavor syrup
2 oranges (about 6 oz. each), thinly sliced
1 lime, thinly sliced
1 cup orange juice
2 bottles (750 ml. each) dry red wine
Ice cubes
In a pitcher (at least 3-qt. size), combine syrup, orange slices, lime slices, and orange juice.

Add wine to pitcher; mix, and pour into ice-filled glasses.

1 comment:

That Girl said...

Sangria is the perfect summer drink