Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Day!

I'm sitting here writing this blog in the last few minutes of Thanksgiving 2007. Why am I up you ask? Well, I dozed off on the couch tonight and when my husband woke me up to go to bed I was wide awake. Rather than toss and turn and keep him up (he has to work tomorrow, I don't) I'm up, doing this.


Anywho, I made this to bring to my husband's grandparents' house for dessert today and it went over quite well! I once again have to thank my friend Janine for this recipe. I swear she has the most butt kickin' recipes of anyone I know!


I have about a half of batch of gingerbread leftover - I think my bowl wasn't quite big enough but that may also be a result of using two 8oz containers of Cool Whip instead of one 12oz container (confession: I am a Cool Whip freak. I can't even keep it in the house unless it's for a particular recipe because I'll eat it right out of the container, frozen too!!). I used sugar free vanilla pudding and cut the brown sugar to just a tablespoon since I was out of my Splenda brown sugar blend (and my husband's family has a few diabetics in it). I figured this was safe since I found a similar recipe online that didn't call for brown sugar at all.

Either way....thank you so much for the recipe, Janine! You ROCK! (but I'm sure you already knew that hehe).


Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle

2 Packages 14 oz. each gingerbread mix
5 1/10 Ounce vanilla cook and serve pudding
30 Ounce can pumpkin pie mix
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1/3 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
12 Ounce container frozen cool whip

Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool.


Stir the pumpkin pie filling, brown sugar sugar, and cardamom into the pudding.


Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large trifle bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping. Refrigerate overnight.
And on that note:
Happy Thanksgiving to All!!!!

No comments: