Monday, November 5, 2007

Toffee Blondies

Blondies....they're brownies...but not chocolate. So I guess they really aren't brownies....but you catch my drift. Here's a recipe I used this weekend that I found on Deborah's Culinary Confections (she calls them "Hodgepodge Blondies") which is a GREAT blog by the way, check it out. I made them decidedly Toffee Blondie because my husband and I are big fans of toffee. That being said, I used a lot of toffee in this recipe, so feel free to cut it down if you so choose.

Toffee Blondies


1 stick of butter, melted

1 cup flour

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1 egg

1/2 cup toffee bits

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray.

In medium bowl, combine butter, and brown sugar. Beat on low speed with mixer until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla extract on low speed with mixer.

Add flour, baking powder, and salt and beat in on low speed with mixer until well combined. Fold in toffee bits with spatula.

Bake 20-23 minutes or until set in the middle. Cool before cutting into squares.

No comments: