Wednesday, November 14, 2007

How I love my Crockpot, let me count the ways....

Who invented the Crockpot? Does anyone know? And if they do, how do I find this person and give them a hug? And I love the SmartPot! You can set it to turn off at a certain time - can it get much better?

Seriously, Crockpots are the best inventions around. Nothing is better than coming home from a long day and having your meal all done and ready to go. I love that I can smell what's been yummily cooking in my kitchen before I even get the door open when I arrive home. Yum! If you don't have one, I suggest you get one. And if you don't use yours, use it...because I said so :-P
So last night we had pork chops in the crockpot....different recipe from the one I last posted but once again from my trust "Fix It and Forget It Cookbook". I promise I do actually make a lot more in my crockpot than pork chops!

BBQ Crockpot Chops

4-6 Boneless pork chops
1/2 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon seasoned meat tenderizer
1/3 cup vinegar
1/2 cup water.

Place chops in crockpot. Mix remaining ingredients. Pour mixture over chops and cook on low for 6 hours.

No comments: