Sunday, November 11, 2007

Buffalo chicken calzone...

So a few posts ago I shared a buffalo chicken dip recipe....

My creative side got the best of me this week when I thought to myself..."Self, how about you modify that dip and use it as a filling in a calzone and make it a full meal?"

Below is the result...warning: this made a GIANT calzone with lots of leftovers for my husband and I....but it came out quite tasty. Enjoy!


Buffalo Chicken Calzone

4 oz. of neufatchel cheese (aka 1/3 less fat cream cheese)

1/4 cup light bleu cheese dressing

1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce

1/2 cup 2% milk shredded mozzarella cheese

1 teaspoon minced garlic

2lb bag refrigerated pizza dough

2 cooked bonless chicken breasts cut into chunks*

Heat oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese bowl. Microwave 1 minute to soften. Whisk in salad dressing, Buffalo Wing Sauce, minced garlic and cheese until smooth. Stir in chicken.

Take dough and roll out into oblong shape with rolling pin. Place chicken mixture on half of the dough leaving about 1/2 inch around the edges free of filling. Fold over dough and close edges with fork to seal.

Bake 30 minutes or until dough is cooked though.

*I seasoned the chicken breasts with a little bit of salt, pepper, and italian seasoning before cooking*

No comments: