Wednesday, October 31, 2007

World Champs, Halloween, Dip recipe

Wow, what a weekend it was!! The RED SOX are WORLD CHAMPS and my boy, Mike Lowell, MVP!!

Let's take a second to admire him........................




Ok, who am I kidding? Admire him for just a second? I think not. I could admire him all day....I admired him all season. He's hot, a great ballplayer, and an even better guy...

Anywho, this blog is about cooking, not the adoration of Mike Lowell....(although that's not a bad idea!)

he night before the victory my husband and I hosted our 2nd annual Halloween party this past and it was a blast! My husband and I dressed as Batman & "Robin" - get it? Oh we are so clever! We also had one couple who came cross-dressed, "3 men-in-a-tub," and a disco guy among others. I think everyone outdid themselves from last year!

All this being said, the weekend could not have been any better. At our party I used a recipe my best friend Michelle had shared with me awhile back and made a few modifications to make it a bit healthier, since I've been on a diet for almost 2 months now (yup, I'm selfish, what can I say?)....and it was very popular with our crowd (and I doubt anyone figure out it was low fat). I will definitely be making it again!

Buffalo Chicken Dip

8 oz. pkg. neufatchel cheese (aka 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
1/2 cup light bleu cheese dressing (I prefer Marie's brand personally - but that's just me!)
1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce (I like Ken's brand)
1/2 cup 2% milk shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups canned chicken, drained

Heat oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese into deep dish 9-inch pie plate. Microwave 1 minute to soften.

Whisk in salad dressing, Buffalo Wing Sauce and cheese until smooth. Stir in chicken (make sure it is broken up into smaller chunks).

Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through; stir. Serve with crackers (I used Reduced fat Triscuits, and wheat crackers)


And on that note....HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

No comments: