Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Don't turn into a pumpkin....

Yup, here's some more recipes I've tried lately. No pictures still....but I'll try to get better at that. When I post my apple recipes I'll have a few pictures to share....I'm waiting until I'm finished with my apples to post them all. Yes, I still have some....I am hoping to use the rest tonight though!

But onto another fall fruit - pumpkin. I'm not really a big fan of pumpkin, but I didn't mind either of these recipes. My husband brought the cookies in for the guys at work and they were devoured. I brought the cake in for my co-workers who promptly ate most of it (I had also brought in 2 apple recipes that day....I'll share them later, I'm all about surprise hahaha).

Pumpkin Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies
(from: "The Cookie Bible")

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 can Libby's 100% pure pumpkin (15oz)
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups (12 oz pkg) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 375. Grease baking sheets.

Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter and granulated sugar in large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets.

Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.


Chocolate Pumpkin Cake with Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
(from allrecipes.com)

1 pkg chocolate cake mix
1 15 oz can pumpkin
2 eggs
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13inch baking dish

In large bowl mix cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, and oil for 3 minutes using mixer on medium speed. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.

Bake 35 to 40 minutes in preheated oven, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool, then frost with cream cheese frosting.

Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
1 (8oz) package cream cheese
1 cup white sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
In small bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form; set aside.
In large bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until smooth, then fold in whipped cream.

No comments: