Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Apple Banana Bread

Back to apples....you see, I'm not trying to bore anyone too much by overunning you with apple recipes...contrary to what I said in a previous post about posting them all at once. Sorry if I played with your emotions like that, can you ever forgive me?

Ok, back to the topic at hand. I made this great recipe from my friend Janine after we went apple picking a few weeks back. It was SO good. I'm sure it helped that I REALLY love banana bread and I love apples. In fact, bananas and apples are my favorite fruits. So for me it couldn't get much better (in my opinion at least!).

Apple Banana Bread

1/2 Cups butter flavor shortening
1/2 Cups brown sugar
1/2 Cups sugar
2 eggs
3 Tablespoons sour cream
2 mashed bananas
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Cups flour
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cored & chopped apple

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream shortening and sugars, and beat in eggs. Stir in sour cream, bananas and vanilla. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda and cinnamon. Gradually add to shortening mixture. Gently stir in apples and nuts. Spoon into greased bread pan and bake for almost an hour, checking on it after 30-40 minutes or so. Continuing baking and using the poke test...bread will be done when toothpick comes out clean.



No picture again....sorry!

No comments: