Sunday, December 2, 2007

What cookie exchange doesn't need a touch of booze???

I got to use my punch bowl set for the first time today!! (And let me just add, it's so pretty! Thanks, Memere!)

Once again, another Cooking Light recipe here (December 2007). I figured I'd give it a whirl, but I did make some changes to this recipe, so that is how it is written below.

Sparkling Cranberry Tea Cocktails















4 cups water
1/2 cup sugar
2 family-sized tea bags
2 1/2 cups no-sugar-added cranberry juice
1 cup Madarin flavored vodka
4 1/2 cups ginger ale, chilled

Combine 4 cups water and sugar in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Pour over tea bags. Cover and let stand 5 minutes; discard tea bags. Cool. Stir in juice, and vodka. Chill.

Gently stir in ginger ale. Serve over ice; garnish with rind, if desired.

No comments: