Sunday, December 30, 2007

Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes

I really wanted to try to make something a little different for breakfast yesterday morning. So I started searching through some of my "recipe boxes" online to see if anything struck me when I stumbled upon a Rachael Ray recipe that I had saved eons ago for Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes.

I was reading the recipe and realized that she was starting from scratch (flour, baking powder, etc.) and I figured - why do that when I have a box of Bisquick in the cupboard???

So, I set out to "sorta" use her recipe as inspiration then make it my own and this is what happened:

Oatmeal Cookie Pancakes










2 cups Bisquick
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
1/2 heaping cup of oats (I used quick cooking)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 mashed ripe banana*

Combine all dry ingredients then whisk in wet ingredients until well blended.

Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray. Pour batter in pan in approximately 1/3 cup increments and cook at medium heat on each side for 2-4 minutes. Serve with maple syrup or honey.

*This is an RR tip - if you don't have a ripe banana, just place your not-so-ripe banana in the microwave for about 15 seconds (this should make it soft enough for mashing)*


I personally think this recipe would be great with some raisins in it, but my husband doesn't like raisins so I left them out (he's no fun like that sometimes). When I was about halfway through cooking the batch, I added some chocolate chips for something different. Either way, we really enjoyed them, and they are pretty darn oatmeal cookie-ish - at least as close as you'll get with a pancake!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great combination. I am bookmarking this for future breakfasts.