Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Dessert - Part II

Ok, so, as promised here is the second dessert I made this Thanksgiving.

For what it's worth, I had a hard time choosing what to make besides the chocolate chip pecan pie. My husband is not a big pecan pie fan, so I felt the need to make something else he would like. Well, as I have mentioned previously, he loves cheesecake. So I decided on yet another recipe from my "Cooking with Mickey" cookbook for Fantasia Cheesecake.
I decided to leave this cheesecake plain with just the sour cream topping. Simple tastes, yet so delicious and relatively easy. I am posting the recipe below as is, but I basically had to double the graham cracker crust recipe because I just didn't have enough it seemed to cover my springform pan up the sides.

Either way, this was a huge hit on Turkey day, and I have a feeling my hubby will be requesting I make this again...and again...and again....


Fantasia Cheesecake
(from "Cooking with Mickey Volume II")

Graham Cracker Crust*

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tablespoon sugar
4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

Grease bottom and sides of 9 inch springform pan.


Combine all ingredients and blend well. Press crumb mixture into bottom of pan, set aside.

*I doubled this recipe



Filling

4 8 ounce packages cream cheese
2 cups sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix cream cheese, sugar, salt, and lemon extract until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition. Do not overmix batter. Pour into prepared cake pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until cheesecake is set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for several hours before removing from springform pan.


Sour Cream Topping
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons sugar
Fresh fruit or fruit pie filling, if desired

Mix sour cream and sugar together and spoon over cheesecake. Decorate with slices of fruit, canned fruith topping, or fresh whipped cream if desired.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Mmmm! It looks great and who knew these fab recipes came from good ol' Mickey?! :)

Robin said...

I agree, Mickey is a way better cook/baker than we all figured him to be ;-)