Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pork Chops with Stuffing & Curry

I got this recipe from my "Fix It & Forget It" cookbook and threw all in the crockpot on the fly one morning before I left for work. Of course I know this recipe is full of things many food bloggers shun...pre-prepared stuffing, cream of whatever soup, etc. Well, guess what? I don't care hehehe....sometimes easy is still good!

Anyway, I added a couple of things to the recipe, about a 1/4 apple juice to the bottom of the crockpot, used cream of celery soup instead of cream of mushroom, and some diced onion & celery.

All in all, this came out pretty good! I actually cut down the curry a tad from the original recipe (which called for 1 teaspoon of curry powder) which I think was good. While I like curry, there is only so much of it I can tolerate too.

Also I threw these chops in frozen since I completely spaced on taking any meat at all out of the freezer for dinner. It all worked out well though, 8 hours later the chops were fully cooked, moist, and tasty! The stuffing seemed a little crunchy on top of the chops, but I have to admit, I kind of liked that it ended up a little crunchy ;-)

Oh, and I will completely admit that this picture looks totally un-appetizing, please don't let it deter you!

Pork Chops with Stuffing & Curry
(from Fix It & Forget It)

1 box stufing mix (I used whole wheat stuffing)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup apple juice
3/4 teaspoon curry powder
2 finely diced stalks of celery
1/2 finely diced small yellow onion
3-4 pork chops



Combine stuffing mix and water. Pour apple juice in bottom of crockpot. Place pork chops in pot.



Combine soup, and curry powder and then combine with stuffing. Place on top of pork chops.

Cover, cook on low 6-7 hours (8 hours for my frozen pork chops).

No comments: