Monday, October 20, 2008

More crockpot action

I really love the fact that my crockpot is versatile that you can make a down home comfort food type of meal in it, but you can also make a really nice meal that is serve-to-company-worthy. I did just that on Sunday making my friend Janine's crockpot chicken marsala recipe to serve when my parents and in-laws came over for dinner!

Sorry for the lack of a picture with this, I really need to do better with this when we have company over since most of the time I just plain ole forget!

Crockpot Chicken Marsala

4 - 6 chicken breast, boneless skinless
2 Cup fresh button mushrooms
2 Clove minced garlic
1/2 Teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
1/2 Cup chicken broth
1/4 Cup marsala cooking wine
1/2 Cup half and half or light cream
1/4 Cup chopped fresh parsley

Place all ingredients except cream & parsley in your slow cooker. Cover & cook for 8 hours. Half an hour before serving add cream to slow cooker. Serve with parsley

No comments: