Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday's Frugal Fun

If you know me, you know I like to save money. I love a good bargain, an awesome sale, or a butt kicking coupon.

I've recently been reading more "frugal living" blogs lately. While I, by no stretch of the imagination, have saving money down to a science like some ladies do (and probably never will) - I at least appreciate what I've read and learned.

I have decided that every Friday (or every other Friday depending on how much time I have) I'm going to share with you either cool blogs I've discovered along the way, any pointers and tips I have myself, money savings websites, or any other information I've picked up along the way in my readings. and just in life Don't worry, this blog will still be 99% about food, you can be assured of that since I could never compete with some of the money-saving blogs out there. I just thought a little deviation, once a week, is sometimes a nice breath of fresh air!

Like free samples? Then you'll love Mommy Saves Big. This is one I've been using for awhile because I really, really love free samples. I can be picky about which ones I sign up for though so some days with this site can be hit or miss - for me at least. But when it's a hit it's usually a pretty big hit! This blog is a great central location for capturing all that is available about there whether it's for free samples of coffee, shampoo, or food products. Best thing I've discovered about free samples is that generally they almost always come with a money saving coupon (typically a better than one you'd find in your weekly Sunday paper too!).

Speaking of coupons, I am an avid user of Coupons.com. This website has a lot of similar coupons to what you will find in your Sunday circular, however, I find sometimes the money-off deals are off a lesser quantity of items sometimes, etc. Since it's only my husband and I at home, I really hate some of those coupons that are $1 off of 5 items, or something crazy like that.

Last is a site I've been a member of for awhile called MySurvey. MySurvey sends you emails when you may qualify for a survey. I usually get 2 -3 survey offers per week in my inbox, sometimes less, occassionally more. The qualifying part of the survey usually never takes more than 10 minutes most of the time less than that. If you qualify, well, the time to take the survey can vary but with that also comes a variation in how much each survey is worth - usually between 200 - 750 points if you qualify for a survey (100 points = $1). You can redeem your points, for cash or prizes, once you reach 1,000 points (which is equivalent to $10). You can click on the banner below for more information and to sign up.
Banner Ad

No comments: