Monday, March 3, 2008

Baked Greek Chicken

If you haven't figured it out yet, I do a lot of "blog-hopping" - in other words, I love to read other blogs for ideas and inspiration. I ran across Kate's Blog - Paved with Good Intentions. I loved it and quickly added her blog to my list of favorites.

The Baked Greek Chicken recipe she posted last week was just what I needed to jazz up two chicken breasts I had unthawing in the refrigerator, and better yet, I had all of the ingredients! To top it all off, it was even healthy, especially since I used a reduced fat feta cheese.

The only changes I made to the recipe was adding a little oregano (based on what I saw in Elly's reply) and cooking the chicken with the diced pepper right on top. I love the flavor of red pepper so I thought this was a great way to infuse that flavor into the dish while it baked, especially knowing that my hubby would pick them off when come serving time. He doesn't mind the flavor of onions and peppers, but he doesn't like to bite into them, so if he sees them he won't eat them (hence why I have started to grate onions into dishes and chop things super fine - for instance he had no problem with the peppers and onions in the salmon cakes I made the other night because he couldn't really see them). All in all though, I can't complain, he tries whatever I give him, he's my #1 guinea pig. I mean taste tester! He could be a much pickier eater than he is!

But, I digress....bottom line is that this was delicious. Thanks, Kate, for the easy, yummy, and healthy recipe (if you want nutrition facts for this, visit Kate's blog)!

Baked Greek Chicken

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 lemon, cut in half
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/2 red pepper, diced

Preheat oven to 350. Arrange chicken in oven safe baking dish. Drizzle chicken with juice from half of the lemon.

Season chicken with salt, pepper, and oregano. Top with feta cheese and diced red pepper. Drizzle with juice from remaining half of lemon.

Bake 35-40 minutes.

1 comment:

That Girl said...

I'm glad you liked it - AND took Elly's advice. I would always take her advice.