Sunday, January 4, 2009

Let's mull it over....

I have always, always wanted to try mulled wine so I decided that the time to try it would be New Year's Eve. I've certainly heard a lot about it but never actually tried it. And for me, anything + wine usually = a good thing! I went on Food Network's site and found this easy Ina Garten recipe and boy was it delicious!!!! I'll definitely be making this again for the next holiday season!


Mulled Wine
(from FoodNetwork.com)

4 cups apple cider
1 (750-ml) bottle red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon
1/4 cup honey
2 cinnamon sticks
1 orange, zested and juiced
4 whole cloves
3 star anise
4 oranges, peeled, for garnish

Combine the cider, wine, honey, cinnamon sticks, zest, juice, cloves and star anise in a large saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Pour into mugs, add an orange peel to each and serve.

1 comment:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Yum - this looks so comforting!