Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Crustless Quiche Tarts & Tasty Tools!

Last week I was running low on free time and easy, quick ideas for dinner. I thought of just making breakfast for dinner when I remebered that my friend Dani had recently given me mini tart pans that I wanted ooooooh so much. I figured, why not make some quiche tarts instead of the typical scrambled or sunny-side up eggs?

Problem is, I didn't have any of my favorite doughboy's premade crust on hand and making my own crust would kind of have killed the whole "quick and easy" thing I was shooting for - so cooking spray it was and crustless they became.

I peeled and diced my potatoes first so they'd be boiling while I combined the rest of the ingredients. Since I made them so small they cooked up in no time and having the potatoes in the quiches really gave them some substance so I'm happy I went that route. The rest of the ingredients, well - they were a combination of things I had in the house (like leftover Italian sausage) that I thought would work well in the quiches. I think the thing I like best about quiche is you can add pretty much anything you want to it. I love making my own combinations. And I also love how eggs are not just for breakfast anymore!!!


I am also submitting this recipe to Joelen's Tasty Tools event which this month is featuring the whisk! I love my whisk and don't know what I'd do without it.







Crustless Sausage & Potato Quiche Tarts

1/2 Cup mayonnaise
5 large eggs
About ¼ cup milk
2 cooked Italian sausages, diced into small pieces
2 tablespoons grated onion
2 medium sized potatoes, peeled, diced into small pieces, boiled and drained
1 Cup(s) shredded Colby jack cheese
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
1/4 Teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
Cooking Spray

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously spray mini tart pans with cooking spray

In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, mayonnaise, milk, pepper, salt, garlic, and Italian seasoning until thoroughly blended with whisk. Stir in sausage, cheese, onion, and potatoes. Pour into mini tarts.

Bake for 12 – 18 minutes, or until knife comes out clean.

Makes 6 mini tart sized quiches

4 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Thanks for submitting this to the Tasty Tools event this month! I love the mini quiche you decided to do... and based on the ingredients I bet it tastes fabulous!

That Girl said...

Yum - I am such a quiche fan, but I've never made a crustless one.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog by Googling some form of chicken and crockpots. Your shredded bbq chicken recipe is in the crockpot as I write. I really like your blog -- just what I need to keep me focused on cooking. Thanks.

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I've never made a quiche before, but i have to say, this one looks very good.