Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Asian Sesame Sliders

Ahhhh....summertime....the smell of fresh summer air, birds chirping, sun shining, and burgers cooking away on the grill, drink of choice in your hand. Yes, that is my idea of a relaxing summer night.


To aid in the creation of said night, I was flexing my creative muscles while coming up with my recipe for Asian Sesame Sliders. I have been thinking of what I can do with a burger recipe that I can submit to Joelen's Burger Bonanza event.

At some point on the bus ride home from work last night it came to me - an Asian twist to a classic hamburger. I also had some buns in the house that were not a standard burger size, so how about sliders instead? And so they came to be....

Asian Sesame Sliders

About 3/4 - 1 lb lean ground beef
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five-Spice powder
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 heaping teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
3 tablespoons Lite soy sauce, plus extra for drizzling
Small sandwich buns

Spray grill with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.

Mix all ingredients in medium sized bowl by hand. Form into small patties, about 2 1/2 inchesi n diameter, place on grill. Cook for 10-15 minutes, being sure to flip them occassionally, until well done (if you want yours non-well done that is fine with me, just don't come crying to me when the e-coli comes to get ya!).

Meanwhile, toast buns on grill. Place cooked burger on bun and drizzle with soy sauce.

1 comment:

That Girl said...

Little burgers are even better than big ones.